Jonathan Tyrrell is an Improvement Coach at Ed Direction, working directly with education leaders to improve teaching and learning at scale. Jonathan has nearly twenty years of experience in public education and is passionate about improving and increasing teacher and school leader capacity in order to manifest optimal outcomes for students, regardless of circumstance. His experience at the campus level gives him a distinctive point of view in his work with teachers and district/school leaders. Jonathan uses his knowledge of instructional methodology, campus/district leadership strategy and pedagogical choice to help teachers and leaders make lasting improvements for students and campuses.
- Founding Principal, Compass Rose Ingenuity Secondary School
- Command Staff, 338th Military Intelligence Battalion, Higher Headquarters Detachment (HHD), Military Intelligence Readiness Command (MIRC), US Army
- Principal, Monterrey Park College Preparatory
- Assistant Principal, Carver College Preparatory
- Teacher, Donna College Preparatory
- Senior Consultant, Steele Partners Inc.
- Princeton Theological Seminary, PG DIP
- London School of Economics and Political Science, MS
- Drew University, BA